West Palm Beach Shoplifting Lawyer
Defending Those Who Have Been Accused of Shoplifting in Palm Beach County
At The Pakett Law Group, PA, we understand the anxiety and uncertainty that can arise when facing shoplifting charges. Our team of legal professionals is here to provide you with strong representation and effective guidance throughout the legal process. If you're seeking a reputable West Palm Beach shoplifting lawyer who is dedicated to protecting your rights, look no further. We will work tirelessly to achieve the best possible result in your case.
Call The Pakett Law Group, PA, today at (561) 286-8411 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our shoplifting attorney in West Palm Beach.
What is Considered Shoplifting?
Shoplifting, also referred to as retail theft, encompasses various actions that involve the unlawful taking of products from a retail establishment without paying for them. This can include activities such as concealing items, altering price tags, swapping containers, or simply walking out of a store with unpaid merchandise. It's important to note that shoplifting can range from minor offenses to more serious incidents, and having a knowledgeable shoplifting attorney by your side is vital to ensuring your rights are protected.
What are the Penalties for Shoplifting in Florida?
In the state of Florida, the penalties for shoplifting can vary based on the value of the stolen items and any previous criminal history. Generally, shoplifting is classified as a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the circumstances. If you are facing charges for shoplifting, you can expect fines, probation, and jail time.
Defenses Against Shoplifting Charges
Being accused of shoplifting doesn't mean you're automatically guilty. Our experienced shoplifting attorneys in West Palm Beach are well-versed in developing strong defenses tailored to the specifics of each case. Some potential defenses include:
- Mistaken Identity: It's possible that you were wrongly identified as the perpetrator due to a misunderstanding or confusion.
- Lack of Intent: Shoplifting requires the intent to steal. It may not constitute shoplifting if you mistakenly left a store with unpaid merchandise due to forgetfulness or distraction.
- Unlawful Search and Seizure: Evidence obtained via an illegal search or seizure may be inadmissible in court.
- Evidence Suppression: Our skilled attorneys know how to challenge the prosecution's evidence and work to suppress any evidence that was unlawfully obtained or is unreliable.
- Negotiation and Plea Bargaining: In some cases, we may negotiate with the prosecution to have the charges reduced or dismissed or to secure a more lenient sentence.
Contact Our Shoplifting Attorney in West Palm Beach Today
If you or a loved one is facing shoplifting charges in West Palm Beach or the surrounding areas, don't hesitate to reach out to The Pakett Law Group, PA. Our legal team is dedicated to protecting your rights, building a strong defense, and striving for the best possible outcome in your case. We understand your challenges and will provide you with the experienced guidance and representation you deserve. The Pakett Law Group, PA, is here to provide you with the legal support you need during this challenging time.
Contact The Pakett Law Group, PA, today to get started with our West Palm Beach shoplifting lawyer.
If you want a lawyer that will do everything to help you, Brian Pakett is the lawyer for you.
- Not Afraid to Fight For You in Court
- Quick Response Time for All Clients
- Easily Available in Your Time of Need