The Pakett Law Group, PA is committed to providing our clients with the highest quality representation. With over a decade of legal experience, West Palm Beach criminal defense lawyer Brian T. Pakett and his team of West Palm Beach criminal lawyers possess a comprehensive understanding of Florida criminal law.
Attorney Pakett possesses a thorough knowledge of Florida laws, with an emphasis on:
No matter the severity of the charges, you can trust that our criminal lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL, have the experience to effectively protect your rights and fight for your best interests. Whether charged with a DUI, sex crime, violent crime, or any other criminal offense, our office can help.
Our caring and capable West Palm Beach criminal defense lawyers will seek a reduction or complete dismissal of the charges you are facing.
What Are My Rights When Facing Criminal Charges in Florida?
At The Pakett Law Group, PA, our experienced criminal defense lawyers in West Palm Beach, are dedicated to protecting the rights of individuals facing criminal charges in Florida.
If you find yourself in such a situation, it is important to understand what your rights are.
Here are some of the key rights you have when facing criminal charges in Florida:
- Right to Remain Silent: You have the right to remain silent and not incriminate yourself. This means you do not have to answer any questions from law enforcement or prosecutors without first consulting with a criminal defense attorney.
- Right to Legal Representation: You have the right to an attorney to represent you throughout the criminal proceedings. If you cannot afford a criminal attorney, the West Palm Beach courthouse will appoint a public defender to represent you.
- Right to Due Process: This includes the right to a fair and impartial trial, the right to present evidence and witnesses in your defense, and the right to cross-examine witnesses against you.
- Right to a Speedy Trial: This means that your case should be resolved without unnecessary delays.
- Right to Confront Witnesses: You may confront and cross-examine witnesses who testify against you in court in West Palm Beach.
- Right to Bail: In most cases, you have the right to reasonable bail, which allows you to be released from custody while you are awaiting trial.
- Right to Presumption of Innocence: You are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The burden of proof rests on the prosecution to establish your guilt.
- Right to Appeal: If you are convicted of a crime, then you may appeal the verdict or sentence.
At The Pakett Law Group, PA, our capable Florida defense team is available to provide you with a free initial consultation to discuss your criminal case and assess your situation and inform you of the options available to you.
With years of experience in criminal law, we have the knowledge and skills to protect your rights and fight for the best possible outcome.
If you are facing criminal charges in Florida, speak with our criminal lawyers in West Palm Beach for reliable and dedicated representation.
If you want a lawyer that will do everything to help you, Brian Pakett is the lawyer for you.
Criminal attorney Brian Pakett works tirelessly to defend his clients and maintain their constitutional rights. An energetic, aggressive, and experienced criminal attorney in West Palm Beach, Florida, Mr. Pakett has devoted his career primarily to the defense of criminal matters while also maintaining a general civil litigation practice.
Mr. Pakett’s understanding of criminal law and his skill as a trial lawyer sets him apart from the competition. He has been recognized as a top criminal defense attorney in Florida and West Palm Beach. Learn more about him by visiting his Bio page at the link below or contact our firm today to discuss your case with Brian during a free, confidential and no-obligation case evaluation.
Brian T. Pakett
- Not Afraid to Fight For You in Court
- Quick Response Time for All Clients
- Easily Available in Your Time of Need
Attorney Brian Pakett is the skilled West Palm Beach criminal lawyer you want on your side no matter what type of charge you are facing. Our firm represents clients accused of a wide range of misdemeanor and felony crimes, including drunk driving cases, federal crimes, theft offenses, sex crimes, violent crimes, drug crimes, and violation of probation.
We understand how stressful it can be to be accused of a crime, but take comfort in the fact that you are innocent until proven guilty. Our firm understands this and is prepared to fight for you to ensure your rights are protected throughout the duration of your case. We keep lines of communication open and pride ourselves on our quick response times. Attorney Pakett and staff are always available to answer your questions and keep you apprised of the status of your case as it progresses.
The following are several benefits of hiring our West Palm Beach attorney:
- Attorney Pakett is familiar with the legal system and has experience navigating its complexities
- He can evaluate your case and provide advice on the best course of action
- He can negotiate plea bargains, which could result in reduced charges or sentences
- He can develop an aggressive and personalized defense strategy to protect your rights
- He will also be aware of any changes or developments in case law applicable to your particular charge(s)
- He understands the procedural aspects of being charged with a crime can provide peace of mind during an otherwise stressful time
What Do Criminal Defense Lawyers Do?
Criminal defense lawyers play an indispensable role in the legal system, serving as dedicated advocates for individuals facing criminal charges. Their professional duties encompass a broad spectrum of responsibilities aimed at safeguarding the rights, dignity, and fair treatment of their clients.
Here is a professional overview of what criminal defense lawyers do:
- Legal Counsel: Criminal defense lawyers provide legal guidance and counsel to individuals accused of criminal offenses. They meticulously review the details of each case to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the prosecution's allegations.
- Case Analysis: These legal professionals conduct a comprehensive analysis of the evidence, witness testimonies, police reports, and other relevant documentation to construct a well-informed defense strategy.
- Defense Strategy: They develop and implement a strategic defense plan tailored to the unique circumstances of each criminal case. This may involve challenging the legality of evidence, scrutinizing the credibility of witnesses, and asserting affirmative defenses.
- Courtroom Representation: Criminal defense lawyers represent their clients in court proceedings. They advocate for their clients' rights, question witnesses, present evidence, and deliver persuasive legal arguments in an effort to secure a favorable outcome.
- Negotiation: In many cases, defense attorneys engage in negotiations with prosecutors to seek the best possible resolution for their clients. This can include plea bargaining for reduced charges or penalties.
- Legal Research: Lawyers conduct in-depth legal research to stay updated on relevant statutes, case law, and legal precedents that may impact their cases.
- Investigations: Criminal defense lawyers may conduct their own investigations to uncover additional evidence, interview witnesses, or gather information that can be beneficial to the defense.
- Sentencing Advocacy: In the event of a conviction, defense lawyers advocate for the most favorable sentencing outcome for their clients. They present mitigating factors and arguments for leniency to influence the sentencing decision.
- Appellate Work: If a client is convicted and decides to appeal, criminal defense lawyers can handle the appeals process, presenting arguments that errors were made during the trial which affected the outcome.
- Client Support: These professionals provide emotional support to their clients, guiding them through the legal process, explaining their options, and offering reassurance during a challenging period.
Criminal defense lawyers are committed to upholding the principles of justice, ensuring that the accused receive fair treatment, due process, and effective legal representation.
Their expertise and dedication play a pivotal role in the functioning of the criminal justice system, as they tirelessly advocate for the rights and interests of their clients.