West Palm Beach DUI Lawyer
Trusted Defense for Florida DUI/DWI Charges
If convicted of driving under the influence—DUI—in Florida, you can face serious penalties, including jail time and the potential to lose your driving privileges. At The Pakett Law Group, PA, our West Palm Beach DUI attorney understands that your future is at risk. As your advocate, Attorney Brian Pakett and his team will create a personalized defense to help defend your rights. We have successfully assisted countless clients in obtaining favorable resolutions to their DUI cases and are here to help you through this trying time as well. We serve clients in West Palm Beach as well as Rivera Beach, Boyton Beach, and Lake Worth.
Arrested for drunk driving? Call (561) 286-8411 or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation with our West Palm Beach DUI attorney today.
Understanding Florida DUI Charges
In the state of Florida, a motorist can be charged with a DUI for operating a vehicle while "under the influence" of drugs and/or with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08% or above.
DUI charges are serious crimes and require exceptional defense. Prosecutors will take into consideration a variety of aspects when charging you with a DUI, including how much alcohol was in your system at the time of your arrest, if your driving caused any accidents or injuries, and how fast or otherwise recklessly you were driving. These and other factors could leave you facing a misdemeanor, felony, or even an extreme case such as intoxication assault or intoxication manslaughter.
Penalties for DUIs are typically also based on whether this is a first or subsequent offense. For example:
- First-time offenders face one year of probation, 50 hours of community service, and a ten-day vehicle impoundment. They may also have to pay a fine and/or serve time in jail if the driver had a minor passenger in the vehicle with them and/or a BAC of .15% or more.
- Second offenders can face a minimum of ten days in jail, five-year license revocation, 30-day vehicle impoundment, and fines.
- Third offenders are charged with a felony if the DUI occurs within ten years of a prior. This will require between one month to five years in jail, a 90-day vehicle impoundment, a ten-year driver's license revocation, and potential fines.
Whether you are a minor or an adult, a commercial driver or a civilian, you need to have an experienced attorney on your side. Call a trusted West Palm Beach DUI lawyer as soon as you are arrested.
Fighting for Clients Accused of DUI in Florida
At The Pakett Law Group, PA, our West Palm Beach DUI attorney understands that this time in your life can be difficult, and will work quickly and efficiently to help provide you with personalized defense. We take the time to listen to you, we do not rush your intake process, and we keep your best interests in mind.
Don't face your DUI charges alone. Call (561) 286-8411 today for a free consultation from a dedicated DUI lawyer in the West Palm Beach area.
If you want a lawyer that will do everything to help you, Brian Pakett is the lawyer for you.
- Not Afraid to Fight For You in Court
- Quick Response Time for All Clients
- Easily Available in Your Time of Need